Mindfulness is a form of meditation that helps clients focus on being aware of their surrounding environment, emotions, thoughts, and bodily sensations in the moment without judging. During treatment, clients can learn how to practice different mindfulness exercises to help relax their minds and bodies and stay in the present.
- Reduce stress levels, anxiety, depression, psychological distress, heart rate, and blood pressure
- Increase working memory capacity, information processing speed, academic success, and cognitive flexibility
- Improve focus, attention, sleep, and eating habits
- Create an experience of calmness and feeling connected
- Enhance the ability to cope with physical and mental illness
- Reduce rumination and worrying
- Improve awareness, emotional regulation, and immune function
To learn more about mindfulness, please check out the below video:
Please contact me today if you want to experience the benefits of learning how to practice different mindfulness exercises!