I believe strongly that you should feel comfortable with the therapist you choose and hopeful about therapy. When you feel this way, therapy is more likely to be most helpful to you. Let me describe the way I see therapy.
My theoretical approach is person-centered and strengths-based, and I use a collaborative, holistic, creative, non-judgmental, flexible, and integrative approach. My passion is to help my clients achieve a positive outlook on life, overcome their problems, live their best life, form healthy relationships, let go of painful experiences, speak their truth, and achieve peace of mind. In my practice, I will encourage you to engage in self-care, motivate you to face your fears, teach you ways to stay in the present, remind you to keep moving forward, challenge your negative self-talk and outlook, and listen to you without judging. Because I am trained in different theoretical orientations, I tend to use various treatment modalities to help meet my clients’ needs and goals best.
Professional Credentials and Experience:
- I am a licensed Psychologist in North Carolina #5342.
- I am a PSYPACT Certified provider offering telehealth services to clients in PSYPACT-approved states. PSYPACT MAP
- I am a registered play Therapist (RPT).
- I am a Trauma Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Facilitator (TCTSY-F). I have completed the 300-hour certificate program facilitating TCTSY at The Center for Trauma and Embodiment (CFTE) at Justice Resource Institute (JRI).
- I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP).
- I am a Budding Yogis Kids Certified Yoga Teacher who can teach children ages 2-12 yoga poses and mindfulness exercises.
- I am a Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCATP).
- I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Level I and II (CCTP-I and II).
- I am a Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH).
- I am trained in eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), Level II.
- I am trained in Theraplay, Level I.
- I have more than 10 years of clinical experience in the mental health field.
- I have extensive experience and expertise in treating children, adolescents, adults, and families in different settings.
- I graduated from the American School of Professional Psychology in Washington, D.C. with a Master of Arts degree in Forensic Psychology and a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology.
- I graduated from North Carolina State University with two Bachelor of Arts degrees, one in Psychology and one in Criminology.
- I received a certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization: Post-Baccalaureate from Capella University.
Areas of Expertise:
- Academic Issues
- Adjustment Issues
- Adoption Issues
- Anxiety & Stress
- Attachment Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Coping Skills
- Domestic Violence
- Dual Diagnosis
- Family Conflicts
- Grief & Loss
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parenting Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) & Trauma
- Relationship & Social Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sleep Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Work Concerns
Finding the right therapist can be difficult at times, so please contact me today for a free 15-minute phone consultation to see if I will be a good fit!